| In Search of the Myreque Runescape Quest Guide
||Written By: Gnat
Quest Difficulty: Medium
Quest Type: Members only
Starting Location: Speak to the Stranger in the The Hair of the Dog Tavern in Canifis
Required Skills: 25 agility,and the ability to kill a level 97 monster.
Required Quests: Must have completed the Nature Spirit Quest (and having completed the Shades of Mort'ton Quest helps a lot)
Required Items: 1 Steel Longsword, 2 Steel Swords, 1 Steel Dagger, 1 Steel Mace, 1 Steel Warhammer, 6 Planks, 225 Steel Nails, 10 gp, Druid Pouch with at least 5 items (more is better)
Reward: 2 uncut rubies, 4 big bones, 600 crafting experience, 600 xp in all melee skills (Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints), a quick route to Mort'ton, 2 Quest Points
In Search of the Myreque Runescape Quest Walkthrough:
Description: A mysterious group known as the Myreque need help, only you can save them.
- Gather your weapons or get them from bank in Canifis, and speak to the stranger in the corner of the Hair of the Dog Tavern, he'll tell you about the Myreque and that they need some weapons to survive.
- He will inform you about a boatman in Mort'ton that can help you. Once you get to the center of Mort'ton go east until you find a man named Cyreg Paddlehorn and talk to him.
- He'll be very secretive about how to find the Myreque so you'll have to choose the correct sequence of responses in order for him to allow you to use his boat. Choose the following responses in this order:
- Well, I guess they'll just die without weapons
- Are they resourceful enough to get their own steel weapons?
- If you don't tell me, their deaths are on your head!
- What kind of man are you to say that you don't care?
- He'll agree to take you but he needs 3 planks and you do also, so hopefully you have the 6 planks. If you do, he'll give you directions and you can now finally board the boat. (If you've at least partly completed the Shades of Mort'ton Quest you can buy the planks from the store if you don't already have them). When you click on boat he'll ask for 10gp so pay him and you'll be on your way.
- Once you land go north till you see a weird tree, climb up and then click the walk here option on each section of bridge in front of you.
- As you do it will break, there are 3 and you need 1 plank and 75 nails for each one, which adds up to 3 planks and 225 Nails in all. Left-click to repair each section as you go and then climb down the other side of the bridge.
- Go north to the weird looking hollow tree and talk to the guard out front, tell him you've brought the weapons and then answer some questions for him to prove your telling the truth. If you fail to answer the questions correctly you will be knocked unconscious and wake up at the boat again, requiring another 10 gp for another boat ride, but the bridge will require no rebuilding the second time. Here are the answers to the possible questions:
- Who is the only female in the Myreque? Sani Piliu
- Who is the leader of the Myreque? Veliaf Hurtz
- What family is rumored to rule over Morytania? Draken
- Who is the youngest member of the Myreque? Ivan Strom
- Who is the scholar of the Myreque? Polmafi Ferdygris
- What does Myreque mean? Hidden in Myre
- What is the boatman's name? Cyreg Paddlehorn
- Head behind the huge tree and open the doors which the guy will unlock once you answer the quetsions. Go in and follow the tunnel but don't go to the wall, instead take a little east branch and click on the squeeze-past stalagmite option to find a cave filled with Myreque.
- Start off by talking to Veliaf, then talk to all of the others and come back to Veliaf, it shouldn't be necessary to actually ask any questions of them, just say "Ok thanks" and talk to another one, but if you want to learn about the Myreque, feel free to ask questions of all of them.
- Now give the weapons to Veliaf and then find that for yet another quest, you've been doublecrossed by someone; this time the stranger in the bar, who turns out to be Vanstrom. It turns out that he's a vampire and wants to finish off the Myreque. He kills two of them and then unleashes a 'pet' to take care of the remainders.
- Kill the dog; he's very easy for a Level-95. Even so, you can always use Protect from Melee, Prayer pots, and food.
- Gather up the loot, it's part of your reward. The dog will drop 2 Rubies (his eyes) and 4 Big Bones (his body). Talk to Veliaf again and he'll tell you about a secret passage to Canifis, so go out and search the wall at the end of the tunnel, it will open and now climb up the ladder.
- You end up behind the Hair of the Dog Tavern in Canifis, so go in and talk to Vanstrom (who used to be the "Stranger") again but find that there is a stranger in his place. Congratulations, Quest Complete!